Takeaways from the Text

Unfortunately, I only able to access one of the texts for this course, Checking for Understanding, by Fisher & Frey. I liked this book because in the past I have struggled with assessing my students and finding out they knew less than I thought they did. I have made it my personal goal to find as many ways to check for understanding as possible while remaining efficient and effective. The ten main ideas from this book that I want to take away are as follows:
1. Determine the purpose of the lesson with clarity.
2. Give lots of feedback.
3. Checking for understanding is not the final exam.
4. The difference between formative and summative assessments.
5. Implement the "Backward Design Process."
6. Use Intentional Targeted Teaching.
7. Employ Think-Pair-Share.
8. Develop hand signals.
9. Use foldables.
10. Try common assessments and consensus.

For more information on each of these takeaways, view my PowerPoint Presentation:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PvBFhL3bL63JYYUZqgJRUAtfIfa6uxUqzGKyEahhfP8/edit?usp=sharing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Style

Learning Map

Authentic Assessment