Nice to Meet You!

Hello all! Nice to meet you you!
My name is Delanie Ipsen. I am a math teacher at Pacheco High School in Los Banos, CA. I just wrapped up my second year teaching last week and I am so excited that we are entering Summer break. I am going to be using my free time during the summer to finish up my final credential courses (I'm soooo close) and prepare for the next school year. This upcoming school year I will be teaching one section of Integrated Math I, one section of Integrated Math II, and two sections of AP Calculus. I have been putting a lot of effort into improving the Calculus class.
I have known that I wanted to be a teacher, specifically a high school math teacher, since I was myself a high school student. Math was always my favorite subject. I liked taking a large, complex equation and simplifying it until I could find the desired answer. I also enjoyed math because it was not subjective and "the numbers don't lie," and the fact that it can be applied to many other areas, including science, which also interests me.
I chose education because of the feeling you get when you finally get a person to understand what you have been trying to explain. I know many students do not like nor understand math, but I feel it is so important that I want to help them accomplish more. I think that given the right instruction, students can be successful and see the usefulness of mathematics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Style

Learning Map

Authentic Assessment