My Personality

After taking two personality questionnaires, I have discovered my personality is ESTJ, which stands for Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging.
For me, being extraverted as opposed to introverted is quite the advantage in my line of work. I like discussing ideas with others and learning from my peers. It also allows me to talk to students and build a rapport with them. Being extraverted allows me to open up more channels of communication which helps me to get things done efficiently and exchange ideas freely.
I am more Sensing than Intuitive, which means I prefer to focus on concrete facts and step-by-step instruction. This makes sense within my content area, mathematics. Math is based on concrete ideas and is often done in a step-by-step fashion.
Mathematics is also an appropriate content area when one looks at the third part of the personality type, Thinking over Feeling. I prefer logic and facts as opposed to how something makes me feel. Math does not contain tone or emotion, it is all about logic and working through to solve problems, which appeals to my personality type.
The final piece of my personality is Judgment in contrast to Perception. I believe that this makes me more rigid when it comes to how I like things done, which attributes to what some people call my "Type A" behavior. However, I do possess some of the Perceptive personality traits like being more flexible when I am teaching. Fortunately, thinking about mathematics allows me to have structure and makes things black and white where I feel more comfortable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Style

Learning Map

Takeaways from the Text